The definition of comfort food. Aromas of tomato, cinnamon and sweet paprika will fill your kitchen as you whip up our Greek Chicken and Risoni. Simple, yet impressive, the perfect recipe for you next dinner party. Recipe by Helena Moursellas.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron pot over medium heat, cook chicken thighs skin side down for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the pan add the onion, garlic, spices and season with Maldon Sea Salt flakes, cook for 6-8 minutes or until onion has softened. Add the butter and tomato paste to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, passata and bay leaves. Return the chicken to the pan along with the cherry tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low, cook covered for 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the lid and evenly scatter the risoni around the chicken and pour ½ cup (125ml) water into the pot. Return to the stove and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or until risoni is cooked.
- To serve, scatter with parsley and kefalotyri cheese.
*Cooks note: if you can’t find kefalotyri, substitute with parmigiano reggiano.