These moreish lemon and dill yoghurt flatbreads are topped with creamy havarti cheese and fermented chilli, but feel free to top yours with whatever you fancy. If you don’t have access to a wood fire, a hot oven will do the trick! Recipe by Helena Moursellas.
- Heat a wood oven to 400°C or if using an oven preheat oven to 250°C.
- For the confit garlic, place ingredients into a saucepan over high heat and cook until 60°C on a kitchen thermometer. Reduce heat to low and cook gently for 20 minutes or until garlic is softened.
- Place the flour, baking powder, dill, lemon zest and Maldon Sea Salt flakes in a large bowl and mix to combine. Make a well in the center and add the yoghurt and mix to combine until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a clean work surface and dust with a little extra flour. Knead the dough for 3–5 minutes, then divide into 4 equal pieces and roll out to ½ cm thick. Working with one flatbread at a time, drizzle with confit garlic and oil and carefully place into the pizza oven for 2 minutes or until crispy and puffed. If using the oven, place the flatbread onto a baking dish or pizza stone and drizzle with confit garlic oil and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crispy and puffed.
- Remove flatbread from the oven and scatter with a quarter of the Havarti, cavolo nero, fermented chili and confit garlic oil and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Season with Maldon Sea Salt and serve.