A summer feast fit for a King. These yoghurt and vincotto marinated lamb chops are served with pickled shallots, mint yogurt and pita. Fire up the BBQ and celebrate summer with Maldon Sea Salt!
1. For the marinade, place ½ cup yoghurt, vincotto and garlic in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add lamb chops and massage marinate into the chops. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
2. For the mint yoghurt place the remaining yoghurt, mint and lemon zest into a small food processor and whiz until well combined. Season with salt flakes and cracked pepper. Set aside.
3. For the pickled shallots, place shallots, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and allow to pickle for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue to high. Add lamb chops and lemon halves to the barbecue, cook chops for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until medium or cooked to your liking. Cook lemons for 5 minutes or until grilled and charred. Remove from the grill and cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
5. Brush pita with oil and add them to the barbeque, cook for 1 minute on each side until charred.
6. To serve, place lamb chops onto a serving platter, drizzle with mint yoghurt and scatter with pickled shallots, extra herbs and squeeze charred lemon on top to finish. Serve alongside some pita bread.