We love to finish things on a ‘sweeter’ note! Join Michelin-star Chef Lisa Goodwin-Allen in creating a decadent dessert that focuses on a simple glazed peach made from using honey.
Lisa pairs the dish with sheep’s milk ice cream, which is salted using Maldon Sea Salt flakes for elevation and brightness! If you prefer a flavoured ice cream, we recommend making our homemade blackcurrant ice cream recipe, that requires no churning!
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stone.
- Place the peaches into a medium pan, add the madeira wine, honey, sugar, and squeeze over the lime juice.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for about 8 minutes until the peaches are just turning soft and the skin is coming off.
- Remove the peaches from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. Peel away the skin from each peach.
- Reduce the remaining liquid and then pour back over the peaches to glaze.
- Place all ingredients into a small pan and put the lid on top, cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until the raspberries have broken down and released their juices.
- Pour though a fine sieve and leave to cool in the fridge.
- Serve cold.
Maldon Salted sheep’s milk ice cream:
- Place the milk and milk powder into a medium pan.
- Mix in a small bowl the glucose powder, sugar, ice cream stabilizer and Maldon Salt.
- Warm the milk on a medium heat whisking until all the milk powder has dissolved.
- Whisk in the remaining dry ingredients, bring to the boil and boil for about 2 minutes whisking continuously.
- Pour though a fine sieve and leave to completely cool.
- Churn in an ice cream machine.
- Place all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until all incorporated.
- Spread into the moulds and bake at 170c for 6 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the mould and cool.
- In a cold bowl put 2 good spoon full of raspberry soup
- Place half of glazed peach in the centre.
- Put a Rocher of ice cream on to the peach finish with the honey tuile.
- Garnish with flowers and herbs.