Salt Baked Celeriac
IngrediëntenZEEZOUTVLOKKEN 1,4kg POT
1 large celeriac with the green top on
230g egg white
900g Maldon sea salt
¼ bunch rosemary
100ml olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 190C
- Chop rosemary
- Combine egg white and Maldon Salt
- Cut the base of the celeriac, and place on a tray
- Cover the celeriac in a 2cm thick layer of the salt paste, ensuring there are no gaps
- Place into oven for 2.5 hours.
- Remove the celeriac from the oven, cut the top off and add a splash of olive oil, rock salt and pepper and mix with a fork.
Salted Caramel Custard Tart
1 L cream
18 egg yolks (or 270g)
280g sugar – caramel (180c)
15g Maldon salt
350g strong white bread flour
110g icing sugar
140g butter, diced
½ beaten egg
50ml cold water
For the pastry
- Mix the flour and sugar in a bowl until evenly combined. Add the butter and run it in until the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix the egg and water in a jug until combined, pour into the dry ingredients in the bowl and knead gently to a smooth dough. Wrap in clingfilm and leave to rest in the fridge for an hour before using.
For the tart
- Bring cream to the boil. In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks and 150g sugar.
- Pour the cream over eggs and sugar. Place 1 Litre of this mixture into bowl and add the Maldon salt.
- In a separate pan, over a low heat, bring 280g sugar to a dark caramel. Once a dark caramel forms, slowly incorporate this into the custard mix in the bowl, whisking continually. Combine this with any remaining custard and pass through a fine sieve.
- Remove the skin and large bubbles off of the mixture and cover with cling film to contact. Leave standing for 5 minutes before removing the cling film, taking the small bubbles with it.
- Pour into two in 10 inch x 3 inch blind baked tart rings and bake at 130 C fan 2 for 40-50 minutes or until set.
- Leave to stand for an hour before slicing and enjoy with pouring cream