This is salad is fresh and delicious. It can be casual and it looks amazing on a plate. This salad has all of Olia’s favourite flavours in it. The pickled beetroot and sweet orange, salty olives and fresh bitter chicory. Also if there are any leftover, it keeps beautifully overnight in the fridge!
- To boil the beetroot, simply put it whole, skin on into a pan of cold water. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 40 minutes or until a knife can pierce them quite easily.
- Cut the chicory into thin wedges. Segment the oranges (do watch a quick video online if you don’t know how to do it).
- Put the vinegar, honey and the 1 tsp Maldon Salt into a large bowl, mix it well, the vinegar will help dissolve the honey and salt. When the beetroot is ready, rub off its skin and cut into thin wedges.
- Drop the wedges into the seasoned vinegar. You can leave it there to pickle for as quick as 15 minutes or do this in advance and leave them macerate in vinegar overnight
- Then add the chicory, orange segments, olives and onion. Give it all a good mix. Arrange on a serving plate, drizzle over the oil and add the dill.