Have you ever tried baked ricotta before?! Try our recipe with Bold Bean Co and you will become hooked on the soft creaminess of this traybake, mixed with Queen red beans, beetroot and purple sprouting broccoli to give a nutty, earthiness to the dish. Sprinkle with a final pinch of Maldon Salt to enhance the sweetness of the gently baked ricotta cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 220C (200C fan/gas 7).
- Tip the red beans, beetroot, thyme, shallots and garlic into a large roasting tin (big enough to fit everything in in a single layer). Mix with the honey with a good pinch of Maldon Salt and olive oil.
- Mix well, then put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Toss the broccoli with some olive oil and add to the tray, dotted throughout the beetroot & bean mix.
- At the same time, make a space in the centre of the tin, and gently upend the ricotta into it.
- Dress it with the olive oil, Maldon Sea Salt, the zest of half a lemon and freshly ground black pepper.
- After this, return the tin to the oven for a further 20 minutes, lowering the temperature to 200C (180C fan/gas 6).
- When the traybake is cooked, drizzle over the extra-virgin olive oil, the other half of the lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice, and scatter on a few more thyme sprigs and a final pinch of Maldon Salt before serving.