Join Romy Gill in creating these deliciously stuffed courgettes, filled with lamb mince and a bundle of spices to give a burst of flavour to the dish.
Courgettes can have a slightly sweet flavour when roasted in the oven. When they are stuffed with the gorgeous, succulent filling of lamb mince it causes the ordinary courgette to become much versatile when cooking. You can find over lamb dishes including our Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder!
- Cut the courgettes in half and then scoop the flesh out. Mash the flesh in a bowl, mixing in the lamb mince; garlic, banana shallot, ground black pepper, paprika, turmeric, ground coriander, 1tsp Maldon Salt, tomato purée and chopped mint.
- Heat 3tsp of olive oil in a pan and add the mixture. Cook the mixture for 6-7 minutes on high heat.
- Once the mixture is half cooked, keep aside to cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- While the oven is getting hot, fill the courgettes with the mixture. Sprinkle over the top of the filled courgettes with Maldon Salt and add the panko bread crumbs for a crispy crunch.
- Cook until golden brown for around 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with flat breads and a leafy salad on the side.