A classic margarita cocktail with a fiery twist!
Using Maldon Chilli Sea Salt for the rim, your taste buds will be greeted with the spicy, aromatic taste of Aleppo peppers and bird’s eye chilli which compliments tequila perfectly!
Here is how to make a Spicy Margarita…
- Start by preparing your glasses. Rub the rim of your glass with some lime juice and then crust with the Maldon Chilli Sea Salt (it is easiest to do this by putting some salt in a saucer and turning the glass upside down to coat). Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker add the chopped chilli and fresh lime jucie, then muddle together making sure to really break down the chilli so it is well infused – you can use the end of a rolling pin if you don’t have a cocktail muddler.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cocktail shaker along with a couple of ice cubes, add the lid and then shake firmly for a few seconds until the outside of the shaker feels cold.
- Add some ice cubes to your salt rimmed glasses then strain the margarita liquid in, using a fine sieve so you don’t get any of the chilli pieces.
- Garnish with some slices of lime and jalapeno and enjoy! (Simply double up the ingredients accordingly to make bigger batches).