‘A really simple and delicious recipe to impress your guests or loved ones at home, there’s nothing quite like scallops done on the barbecue. This calls for the best product you can afford, sourced from your fishmonger – ask them to clean them for you and keep the shells for cooking’.
- First make a lovage butter by chopping lovage finely and combing with soft butter, Maldon Salt for seasoning, a little wine and chill.
- Once that’s done, cut the butter into 20g pieces and place onto the scallop, one piece for each.
- Place the scallop onto the Weber Genesis barbecue in the shell facing up.
- Cut the apple into batons to garnish.
- Allow the scallops to sizzle in the shell until cooked, remove and rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with the apple batons and the leftover butter.