‘This flavoursome showstopper is made for sharing, best placed in the middle of your table and enjoyed with friends and family. I’m going to be using the Weber crafted Sear Grate on the Genesis barbecue for this one – perfect for larger cuts, evenly conducting heat, while sealing in moisture. Adding Maldon Salt to the meat draws out its natural flavours and helps form a delicious crust’.
- Season and cook the rump steak on the barbecue. (I’m doing mine medium).
- While the steak is cooking, place the onions face down on the barbecue until dark and charred.
- Boil the sugar and vinegar.
- Mix coriander, parsley, shallots, and chili, add olive oil and Maldon Salt, set aside.
- Check the steak with the Weber Connect probe and remove when its at your desired temperature, I’m going for 50 degrees.
- Place the onions into the sugar and vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes on the barbecue.
- Coat on both sides with the chimichurri sauce and rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve the steak and season well.
- Place the caramelised onions around and serve