‘This is the perfect summer dessert, so simple and yet a real showstopper. Here, I’m going to use the barbecue to gently caramelise the peaches, adding a little pinch of Maldon Salt to lift the flavours of the peach and the ricotta’.
- Place the dried rose, sugar and water in a pan and bring the boil, reduce by half, and remove from the heat.
- Cut the peaches into wedges, remove the stones and cook dry on the grates until charred.
- Add the peaches to the syrup to steep.
- Roughly chop the mint.
- Gently mix the ricotta with the olive oil and lemon zest.
- Place the peaches flat onto a plate.
- Spoon over the ricotta.
- Sprinkle over the mint and fresh rose petals.
- Mix a little of the syrup with the olive oil and drizzle around. Add a sprinkle of Maldon Salt to finish. Summer in one bite.