Looking for a spicy, flavoursome side dish to jazz-up your dinner this week? Try our lip-smackingly good Bang-Bang Cauliflower! It’s quick, easy and packs a punch of flavour from the spices of smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. We also sweeten the dish through the use of runny honey and lime juice to give a zesty kick.
Why is it called ‘Bang-Bang’? It is actually derived from the Chinese cuisine and manner in which meat would be tenderized from using a stick or a hammer, creating a ‘banging’-like motion when hitting against the protein.
Make sure to add a generous sprinkle of Maldon Salt, as the salt will make sure the cauliflower retains its flavour and texture whilst roasting – avoiding a soggy cauli!
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Line a large baking tray with paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, spices, Smoked Maldon Salt and cracked black pepper. Slowly whisk in the milk until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the panko to a shallow bowl. First dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and then coat them in the panko, making sure each piece is well coated, before arranging on the baking tray.
- Roast them in the oven for 25 – 30 mins, turning them halfway, until they are crispy and golden.
- While they are cooking, add all the ingredients for the sauce in a small pan and gently heat so it is just warm and melted.
- When the cauliflower is cooked remove from the oven and then toss in the sticky sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds, spring onions and serve with lime wedges.