This salad really does showcase the flavours of spring! We build the base with deliciously crunchy baby chicory leaves, a handful of celery, fennel and thin slices of apple for a gentle hint of sweetness.
To make the dressing, we use Greek yogurt, lemon juice mint and olive oil which is then blitzed together until a strikingly vibrant green colour emerges.
Although you could leave it here, we want to add texture to this dish! Sprinkle a few candied walnuts from the use of the runny honey, and then torn burrata for a decadent, creaminess finish as your tear into the salad.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Start by making the candied walnuts. Line a baking tray with paper and then add the walnuts. Drizzle over the runny honey and toss the walnuts so they are well coated. Sprinkle with a pinch of Maldon Salt and then place into the oven for 5 minutes until golden and sticky.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Next make the dressing. Add the yoghurt, lemon juice, mint and olive oil to a high-powered blender and blitz until it forms a lovely vibrant green dressing. Taste it and then season with Maldon Salt and some cracked black pepper.
- Set aside.
- Now you can assemble the salad. On a large platter arrange the chicory leaves, shaved fennel, celery, and apple matchsticks. Drizzle over the green yoghurt dressing. Then carefully tear over the burrata and top with the candied walnuts.
- Finally add the reserved fennel fronds and serve.