Everyone needs to have a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe in their possession, and we wanted to share ours with you!
Follow this easy, fuss-free recipe to have deliciously soft biscuits that are perfectly buttery and sweet at the same time. The secret ingredient is to add a generous pinch of Maldon Salt to your cookies in the dry mix and as a final sprinkling for when they have baked.
Salt is a important component when baking, as it not only elevates and balances out the flavour of your cookies, but it’s vital for gluten structure and browning.
If you enjoy making these classic chocolate chip cookies, why not try our indulgent pistachio and dark chocolate cookies, perfect to make for your friends and family! Additionally, if you enjoy baking ‘lighter’ options, we have a delicious healthy cookie recipe which is perfect with a nice cup of tea on the side.
- Place the softened butter and sugars into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat together until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and egg and beat again.
- Sift in the plain flour, baking powder and Maldon Salt and mix again. Finally stir through the dark chocolate chunks until well incorporated.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Make 25 equal balls of the cookie dough and space them out on the trays, leaving some space between then. Gently press the cookies down so they are a thick disc shape. Place them into the fridge overnight to rest – this step really helps with the texture of the cookie, if you are pushed for time, you can place the trays into the freezer for 30 minutes instead.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 180C fan. Place them into the warmed oven for 10 – 12 mins until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve the cookies with an extra sprinkle of Maldon Salt.