This recipe shows you how to make easy homemade healthy cookies from scratch, with the use of oats, natural sugars, nuts and dried fruits. The added dark chocolate and Maldon salt is a great addition – these will become a firm favourite in any household.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, Maldon salt, baking powder, chopped nuts and dried fruit. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the cashew butter, almond butter, maple syrup and coconut sugar. Stir until well combined and the coconut sugar has dissolved.
- Pour this wet mixture into the larger bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together until well distributed and combined.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and roll together in your hands – roughly the size of a golf ball. Place onto the lined baking sheets with a 2inch gap in between and press down gently to flatten slightly. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets.
- Once cool, use the melted dark chocolate to drizzle across the tops of the cookies. Sprinkle with a final pinch of Maldon salt and then allow the chocolate to set before serving.