- Wash the potatoes in cold water and wrap each potato tightly in tinfoil.
- Peel and wrap the onions in foil, add a little butter, crushed garlic, and a dash of balsamic vinegar before wrapping them up.
- Add the wrapped potatoes and onions directly on the coals, towards the edge of the fire, and then position the odd coal around and on top of them. After 30 minutes, move the onions away from the heat and keep warm on the edge. The potatoes should be done after approximately 50 minutes. You will know when they are done as you’ll be able to easily pierce them with a knife.
- Once the potatoes and onions are cooked, remove from the fire and shake off any ash.
- Cut a cross into the top of each potato through the tinfoil using a large knife. Use your thumbs and forefingers to press open each potato from all four sides so that the potato opens like a flower.
- Unwrap the onions and the potatoes, sprinkle with Maldon Salt, and spoon over the mushroom sauce.
MUSHROOM SAUCE PREP:
- Fry the chopped mushrooms in the oil until soft.
- In a pot, add the cream, season generously with Weber Flame Grilled Vegetable Spice, and bring to the boil.
- Beat the egg and then add about half a cup of the warm cream-and-mushroom mix to the egg, stirring continuously.
- Add the egg mixture into the rest of the mushroom cream in the pot.
- Stir in the cream cheese until everything is combined, heat until it simmers.