This drizzle cake recipe explores the flavours of zest from the lemon and the natural piney, sweetness from the pistachio nuts.
- Grease a 900g loaf tin with some butter and line with a strip of baking paper. Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Place the pistachios into a food processor or blender and blitz them until they resemble a fine crumb – like ground almonds. In a large bowl whisk together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Next add the blitzed pistachios, natural yoghurt, eggs, flour, baking powder, pinch of Maldon salt and the zest of the two lemons. Whisk together until smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula to tip the cake mixture into the prepared loaf tin, then smooth over the top. Place into the oven on the middle shelf and bake for 45 minutes until risen and a metal skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before lifting out of the tin. Place onto a wire rack to cool fully. Meanwhile, make the icing.
- In bowl add the icing sugar and then squeeze the juice of the lemons into a separate bowl, making sure to remove any pips. Add a tsp of lemon juice at a time to the icing and mix after each addition until you have a smooth drizzle icing. Spoon the icing over the cooled cake and allow it to drip down the sides. Decorate with some more chopped pistachios and some sugared lemon zest.