What could be more warming than a humble slice of apple crumble?
This recipe is made by @mushypeaz, where a generous glug of Graza “Sizzle” Extra Virgin Olive Oil is used to incorporate the dry ingredients and create that crumble-like texture that we all know and love. Plus, a good EVOO like “Sizzle” adds a wonderful, nuanced flavour to the baked dish, keeping the ‘crumb’ deliciously moist and not dry.
For a little extra crunch and flavour, add a pinch of Maldon Salt. The sea salt flakes gives balance to the dish, elevating the sweetness and counteracting the bitter tones.
When looking for a final topping, add a swirl of Graza “Drizzle” Extra Virgin Olive Oil to your ice cream scope. The EVOO not only allows the ice cream to hold a perfect silky and smooth texture, but also adds depth to the dish, creating a complex flavour profile.
Here is how to make the Olive Oil Apple Crumble…
- Peel 1½ pound apples and slice thinly.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix apples, ¼ cup brown sugar, 1 tbsp flour, 1 tsp vanilla extract, a pinch of cinnamon, and a pinch of salt until well combined.
- Add the apple mix to a 2 quart baking dish.
- To make the crumble, thoroughly mix 1¼ cup flour, ⅔ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup pecans or walnuts, 1¼ tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- Squeeze in ½ cup of Sizzle and mix gently until dry ingredients are just incorporated. Make sure not to over-mix to maintain big clumps of crumble!
- Evenly distribute crumble mixture over apples and dust with a tbsp or so of granulated or turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until crumble is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Let cool before serving if you can!
- Enjoy à la mode with a scoop of ice cream, a big swirl of Drizzle, and a pinch of Maldon Salt.
Where Can You Buy Graza “Sizzle” and “Drizzle” Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
You can purchase Graza’s “Sizzle” and “Drizzle” EVOO directly from their website. You have the option to buy as a one-time purchase, or subscribe & save to have a frequent delivery of EVOO at a lower price – what more could you want!
“Sizzle” is 100% Extra Virgin cooking oil. It’s made from peak season olives that yield a more mellow flavour. Use it every day, in every way.
“Drizzle” is 100% Extra Virgin finishing oil. It’s made from olives that are picked early, when flavour is bold and antioxidants are highest.