The taste of a simple roast chicken can be very neutral and bland at times. Romy Gill has elevated this classic dish with the warming spices of tandoori masala and chilli powder to give a real kick of flavour to the chicken.
To pair with the spicy chicken, Romy also serves sweet potatoes, roasted whole to give a gentle sweetness to the dish with a hearty salad to go with it. You can find the recipe for the sweet potatoes here.
- In bowl add tandoori masala; chilli powder, Greek yogurt, grated garlic cloves, honey, thyme stems, half the juice of a lemon, oil and Maldon Salt, whisking it together. Then apply the paste to the whole chicken evenly, leaving it in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours before roasting.
- After 2 hours, take the marinated chicken out and leave it to rest under room temperature whilst the oven is getting hot. Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray and cover the chicken with a foil, making sure to seal the tray with the foil on all the sides properly.
- Put the chicken in the oven and cook for 1 hour, 30 minutes. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before eating.
- Serve with roasted sweet potatoes and a leafy salad.