- Light your gas hob to a medium flame. Put your aubergine directly on top, and char for a few minutes on each side until it is totally soft and charred. Set aside to cool.
- Very finely slice your sourdough bread, then pop it on a baking tray. Drizzle it with olive oil, then bake for 10 minutes until crisp and lightly golden.
- Roughly chop your parsley. Pop this into a food processor along with your toasted bread, lemon zest, then whizz into bright green breadcrumbs.
- Once your aubergine is cool enough to handle, peel of it’s skin and discard it. Shred the rest of your aubergine with a fork – it should be soft enough to mash.
- Heat a large pan of salted water using Maldon Sea Salt flakes for taste. Add your pasta and cook until al dente – a couple of minutes less than the packet says normally.
- Finely slice your garlic.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a sauté pan, then add your garlic and a pinch of Maldon Sea Salt and cook over a gentle heat for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Add your tomato puree, harissa and butter.
- Add your smoky aubergine, along with a splash of pasta water to emulsify the mixture.
- Get your drained pasta in the pan and give it a good mix. Grate in your pecorino and squeeze in your lemon juice, then season to taste with a good pinch of Maldon Sea Salt and black pepper.
- Spoon your pasta into bowls, then top with your breadcrumbs and a little more Maldon Sea Salt flakes. Dig in!
25g Sourdough Bread
Handful of Parsley
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
2 Tbsp Rose Harissa Paste
Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Keep up to date and stay inspired with the latest recipes.