- Cut the swede into equal- sized chunks, drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil, season and roast for 50 mins or until completely soft. Leave to cool slightly, then pulse in a food processor until broken down. Add flour, Parmesan and some seasoning, then pulse again to form a sticky dough.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil in which to cook your gnocchi later. Flour your hands and divide the dough in three. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a sausage about 1cm in diameter. Using the back of a table knife, cut into pieces 2.5cm in length – this gives a tapered edge to the pieces of gnocchi.
- Working in batches, cook the gnocchi in the water for 30 secs or until they rise to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a tray lined with kitchen paper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the gnocchi in batches for 2 mins on each side until browned.
- Melt the butter in the pan, add the sage leaves and fry until crisp. Divide the gnocchi between bowls then spoon over the crisped sage and buttery sauce. Serve with pepper, Maldon Salt and grated Parmesan.
IngredientsSEA SALT FLAKES 250g
650g Swede peeled
50ml Olive oil
200g Plain flour plus extra for dusting
70g Grated parmesan plus extra to serve
Fresh sage leaves finely chopped plus extra to garnish
Pinch of Maldon Salt
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Keep up to date and stay inspired with the latest recipes.