What could be more better than a cheeseboard to be shared around amongst friends and family during the festive period!
People tend to forget to add salt to their cheeseboard, however salt actually contributes directly to the cheeses and meats to enhance their flavours and regulate the moisture content. Be generous with your Maldon Salt seasoning when making this board and you will not disappoint your guests!
- Get your wooden board ready – a standard size is between 8-20 inches in length.
- Place your selection of cheeses first on the board. Provide a cheese knife or spreader with each cheese. Add a pinch of Maldon Salt over the cheeses.
- Add your sliced/rolled meats, separating them with your pots of chutneys and dips. You can provide a spoon or butter knife with these if you wish.
- With the remaining spaces on the board, you want to place the mixture of fruits, olives and nuts.
- Once completed, let the cheeseboard rest for at least an hour to allow the cheeses and meats to adjust to room temperature.