English Asparagus is wonderful and only in season for a few weeks, so make the most of it!
This Italian inspired dish is ideal for a light dinner or brunch – its fresh and clean with a smokey sweet kick and crunch from the Aleppo pepper-salt.
- Firstly, boil the eggs for 6 minutes. Drain and refresh for a minute under cold running water. When cool enough to handle carefully peel them and reserve.
- Set a pan of salted water on to boil and cook the Asparagus for 3 minutes until just tender. Remove from the water and drain well. Season with Maldon salt, black pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Whisk the ricotta with the lemon zest and some black pepper.
- Mix the Aleppo pepper with 1 tsp of Maldon salt.
- When ready, toast the sourdough lightly on both sides, spread each slice with ricotta and then top with the Asparagus. Cut each egg in half place this on the toast with the Asparagus. Finally sprinkle the Aleppo pepper salt over the top and finish with more olive oil. Serve.