How to create:
- Preheat the oven to 200 c/ 400 f/ gas 6.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 3 or 4 pieces, then rinse them.
- Place the potatoes in a large pan, cover with water and add 1 teaspoon of Maldon Salt.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are almost cooked.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, and leave them in it; give them a good shake. The potatoes need to be shaken up to give them a rough exterior without breaking them up, as this will give them a crispy outside when cooked.
- Melt the goosefat in a pan. Place the potatoes in a heavy roasting pan and cover them with the fat. Add the sprigs of herbs and garlic and roast for 40 minutes or until golden brown.