Lisa pairs the dish with a deliciously creamy whipped feta cheese, which is then topped with pomegranate for pockets of sweetness and toasted almond flakes for an irresistible crunch.
We recommend making Lisa’s Honey Glazed Peach for dessert to finish off a very flavourful dinner party for your guests. The peach is accompanied with sheep’s milk ice cream and salted using our Maldon Sea Salt flakes. It’s topped with a honeycomb tuile for that added layer of sweetness.
- Place all the ingredients into a pan and warm over a medium heat until all the salt has dissolved.
- Pour into a container and leave to completely cool in the fridge.
- In a hot pan, add the sunflower oil and onions, cook for 8-10 minutes until soft and nicely caramelized.
- Add the thyme and garlic, cook for a further 2 minutes
- Pour in the white win and reduce until the liquid starts to coat the ingredients.
- Pour in the lamb stock, bring up the boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes and reduced 3/4.
- Add the Harissa paste and whisk well, bring back to a boil and pour the sauce through a fine sieve.
- Cut the lamb belly in half.
- Place the belles into the cold salt brine and brine for 2 hours.
- Remove the bellies from the brine and pat dry.
- Place one belly on top of the other and wrap tight in cling film, vac packing it tighlty in a vac pack bag.
- Steam at 85c for 12 hours.
- Once cooked, place in the fridge to cool.
- Remove from the fridge and cut the lamb into 4 equal pieces.
- In a hot frying pan seal, cook the lamb on both sides until golden brown.
- Place on to a tray and coat with a little bit of the lamb sauce.
- Put into the oven at 180c for about 8 minutes until hot and soft.
- In a blender, add the the feta, roast garlic, crème fraiche and cream.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with lemon juice and Maldon Salt.
- Place the hot sticky glazed lamb belly on the plate.
- Garnish the top of the lamb with pomegranate, flaked almonds, and a couple of coriander leaves.
- Put a good spoonful of whipper feta next to the lamb and finish with the lamb sauce.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, toasted flaked almonds.