Romy Gill creates the comforting dish of lemon rice paired with peanuts and curry leaves. Using pantry staples, this dish holds authentic Indian flavours whilst also being very easy to make for your guests. Romy adds peanuts to the rice to give a crunchy texture to the dish, whilst also adding curry leaves for a gentle aroma.
- In a saucepan, add water and ½ tsp Maldon Salt, bringing it to boil for 6-7 minutes on medium heat. Drain the water and keep the rice aside.
- In a pan dry toast the peanuts on a low heat. Toast them until light brown.
- Remove them from heat and add to a bowl. In the same pan add ghee. Once the ghee has melted, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add in the toasted peanuts, Maldon Salt, turmeric, and mix together. Cook with a lid for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Once all done, add the lemon juice, mix and serve hot as a side dish or on its own.