- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Start by making the crust for the salmon.
- Place the Himalayan Pink Salt, Selected by Maldon, in a pestle and mortar and crush until it has a fine texture. Pour this into a bowl and add the fresh white breadcrumbs, parmesan, finely chopped pistachios, red chilli, chopped parsley, lemon zest and some cracked black pepper. Finally add the olive oil and mix until it forms a wet paste – add a little more olive oil if it looks dry.
- Place one of the salmon fillets on a baking tray lined with baking paper, skin side down. Layer the lemon slices and the dill and parsley sprigs across the top of the flesh. Next place the second fish fillet on top of this, again skin side down – sandwiching the lemon and herbs in between.
- Spoon the crust mixture on the top piece of fish and press it onto the top of the flesh, it should stick nicely.
- Place the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, the salmon should be cooked through and the crust lovely and golden. If your fillets are thicker, you may need to give this an extra 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve your stuffed salmon as the centrepiece of your dinner tables along with your favourite sides – we like to do this with herby new potatoes and seasonal greens.
Serving: 4 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2x 600g fillets of salmon
50g fresh white breadcrumbs
20g parmesan, finely grated
15g pistachios, finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
Zest of ½ a lemon
½ tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, Selected by Maldon
Cracked black pepper
5 tbsp olive oil
Small handful of parsley sprigs
Small handful of dill sprigs
1 lemon, sliced
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Keep up to date and stay inspired with the latest recipes.