Vegetarian Meat Free Sausage Rolls
Deliciously wrapped in golden puff pastry, these vegetarian sausage rolls are perfect to make for a picnic amongst friends and family. If you make them into smaller sizes, you can share these out to your guests as canapes.
This recipe will show you just how quick and easy sausage rolls are to make in the comfort of your own home – with a prep time of only 10 minutes! Once you make a batch of these, you definitely realise the better quality in taste in comparison to your normal supermarket ones.
Why choose vegetarian sausage rolls?
Not only is the flavour just as good (or even better!), but meat-free sausage rolls actually contain significantly lower rates in saturated fat than of your standard, meat option. As a result, from choosing to go meat-free with this recipe, you are gaining the benefits of consuming a lower calorie snack whilst still reaping the awards a delicious flavour profile!
If you are interesting in baking more meat-free options, we do a mouth-wateringly good butternut and mushroom wellington to impress your dinner quests, ending with a glorious vegan sticky toffee pudding for afters.
How to make vegetarian sausage rolls?
- Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas Mark 4 / 160 fan °C / 356°F
- Cook the vegetarian sausages according to the package instructions and allow to cool fully before continuing.
- Unroll the sheet of pastry on a floured surface and line up the sausages on the sheet, 2 in a row.
- Carefully cut the pastry around the sausages with a knife and use the pastry to roll and enclose each one. Make sure to seal the edges with a fork.
- Brush a little beaten egg on each one to help seal the pastry together.
- Then place the sausage rolls onto a lined baking sheet and brush with the remaining beaten egg. This will achieve a gorgeous, golden glaze for when the sausage rolls are baked.
- Sprinkle over the black sesame seeds and a pinch of Maldon Salt.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and puffed up.
- Serve whilst still warm.