These meat free sausage rolls are delicious. You can use whichever brand of vegetarian sausages that are your favourite, and they make a wonderful picnic treat, snack for a party or can be made smaller for canapes. Once assembled they can easily be frozen and simply cooked from frozen whenever desired.
How to make vegetarian sausage rolls?
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook your vegetarian sausages until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool fully.
- Unroll the sheet of pastry and line up the sausages on the sheet, 2 in a row.
- Carefully cut the pastry around the sausages and use the pastry to roll and enclose each one.
- Brush a little beaten egg to help seal the pastry together.
- Then place the sausage rolls onto a lined baking sheet and brush with the remaining beaten egg.
- Sprinkle over the black sesame seeds and a pinch of Maldon salt.
- At this stage you could freeze your sausage rolls.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and puffed up.
- Serve whilst still warm.