Elevate your mornings with a slice of homemade breakfast loaf!
This high-fibre breakfast loaf is loaded with succulent figs, sweet dates and a hint of black tea to give a delicious malty flavour. We sprinkle in a few warming spices and a pinch of Maldon Sea Salt flakes to complete the symphony of flavours and textures before baking it in the oven.
Pair the loaf with a good dollop of Greek yogurt for extra protein and a few crisp apple slices – because breakfast should be a celebration of delicious nourishment!
This recipe was created by Isobel Keane. Enjoy!
Here is how to make a breakfast loaf:
- Preheat the oven to 170c
- Soak figs, dates and sultanas with tea
- Mix together flour, oats, baking powder, nuts and seeds. Add soaked fruit and tea
- Bake in the oven for an hour 20 minutes. At 30 minutes, cover with baking parchment or tin foil so it doesn’t brown too quickly.
- Leave to cool for a couple of hours (or overnight).
- Slice and serve with Greek yoghurt, apple and cinnamon. Sprinkle with Maldon Sea Salt.