American Style Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
What could be more delicious than super fluffy pancakes with warm, juicy blueberries inside! This recipe shows you how to create the perfect American-style pancakes with beautifully golden edges and soft centres. Topped with a generous knob of melted butter or maple syrup, you’ll be asking for seconds!
Why Should You Add Salt To Your Pancake Batter?
Salt is a actually a vital step within your pancake cookery. Adding a pinch of Maldon Salt to the mixture ensures that the pancake doesn’t taste bland, enhancing the sweetness of the pancakes without them tasting salty.
- In a large bowl, mix together 225g plain flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp of caster sugar and a pinch of Maldon Salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the 2 eggs together and add the 300ml milk until mixed together.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients bowl and gently whisk in the wet ingredients mixture to make a thick batter.
- Whilst stirring, gently add 75g blueberries into the batter.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter into a frying pan over medium heat. Once the melted butter bubbles slightly, it’s time to cook the pancakes.
- To make the pancakes, you need to drop a tablespoon size of batter into the pan over medium heat.
- Cook for roughly 3 minutes until small bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. After this, you need to turn the pancake over and cook for another 3 minutes until golden. and slightly crisp on the edges.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding a knob of butter to the pan in between pancake batches if required.
- Once you have your pancakes, stack them up and drizzle them in golden or maple syrup, the remaining handful of blueberries and a pinch of Maldon Salt to enhance the sweetness.