- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Pour the oil into a baking dish and pop it in the oven.
- On a high heat add water to a pot, bring to a boil and season with Maldon Sea Salt. Once boiled, add your washed potatoes and let it simmer until tender.
- Individually press down your potatoes gently, (we used a little ceramic dish), then get your baking dish of oil out of the oven and add the potatoes immediately. Season evenly with 5 spice powder, Maldon Sea Salt and pop them back into the oven. Roast them for 40 minutes. Half way through, flip them over.
- Meanwhile, slice your spring onion and red chilli.
- To make your sambal mayonnaise, mix one tablespoon of sambal with two tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Once your potatoes are golden and crispy, garnish with spring onions and red chilli. Pour over the remaining sambal, finish with Maldon Sea Salt and service with your sambal mayonnaise.
500g New Potatoes
1 Tablespoon of 5 Spice Powder
100ml Olive Oil
1 Spring Onion
1 Red Chilli
4 Tablespoons of Sambal
2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Keep up to date and stay inspired with the latest recipes.