- Shred your red cabbage, carrots and oyster mushrooms.
- Mince your garlic with a sprinkle of Maldon Sea Salt.
- Slice your spring onions and chilli, set aside for later.
- Wash your beansprouts.
- Add a good glug of vegetable oil to your pan, add your garlic alongside your shredded vegetables and beansprouts.
- Add all your seasonings, sauces and a sprinkle of Maldon Sea Salt. Give it a good mix.
- Whisk the egg.
- Place a teaspoon of the filling onto the non-floury side of the pastry sheet. Fold over the opposite corner and seal tightly making sure the filling stays in the middle. Fold over the left and right sides, wipe with egg wash then roll away.
- Add the oil to a wok and heat until the temperature reaches 180c. Fry the spring rolls in batches until they turn golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper lined plate.
- Finish with a sprinkle of Maldon Sea Salt and serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Print this Recipe
¼ Red Cabbage
200g Oyster Mushrooms
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Spring Onion
1 Teaspoon Ground White Pepper
1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
½ Teaspoon Maldon Salt
1 Tablespoon Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
16 Spring Roll Pastry Sheets
1 ½ Litres of Vegetable Oil
A Pinch of Maldon Salt to finish
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Keep up to date and stay inspired with the latest recipes.