Make your Brussel sprouts burst with flavour this winter with adding a generous helping of smoky bacon rashers to the dish. Not only will it give the sprouts a zing of smokiness, but it will make your guests go in for seconds!
Don’t forget to add a generous pinch of Maldon Salt to the Brussels Sprouts. Salt adds the flavour to the bacon rashers whilst preventing the fat from developing acidity. You can find where to buy our Maldon Salt range by clicking here!
These smoky Brussels make a great accompaniment to our Rolled Porchetta with Pistachios, Fennel and Lemon, a show topping dish that will complete your festive feast!
- Cook the Brussels in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and leave until they cool.
- Heat the bacon in bite size pieces until golden for 10 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan with a splash of water, then cover and finish cooking over a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Uncover, turn up the heat, then add the 50g butter to the sprouts and cook for 2 minutes more until glossy.
- Season generously with Maldon Salt and cracked black pepper to serve.
Tag us in your creations #maldonsalt !