Easy Honey Roasted Carrots with Lemon and Salt
Transform your ordinary carrots with a beautiful lemon and honey glaze. When roasted, carrots give a delicious, sweet and earthy taste. When paired with lemon, it gives a sudden brightness, with a generous smothering of honey to enhance the sweetness of the vegetable.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 220 F / Gas Mark 6.
- Peel and chop the tops and tails of the carrots. Make sure to remove any stems.
- Place carrots on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add the olive oil and a generous pinch of Maldon Salt and pepper.
- Cook the carrots for 20 minutes, turning them halfway for an even roast.
- While the carrot are roasting, in a small bowl mix the lemon juice and honey.
- Once the carrots are roasted, take the carrots out of the oven and drizzle over the honey and lemon glaze.
- Add the sprigs of thyme to the carrots. Toss lightly and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.