- If you’re using larger potatoes, preheat the oven to 210°C/190°C Fan/gas mark 7/425ºF. For new potatoes, preheat to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas mark 6/400ºF.
- Take one potato at a time and place in a wooden spoon (like you would carry it in an egg-and-spoon race), and cut across at about 3mm / one-eighth of an inch interval.
- When you have cut them all, put the baking tin on the hob, adding the butter and oil into the tin and heating up until sizzling. Add the potatoes cut-side down first and then non-cut side secondly, spooning the fat over them. Make sure to turn them well.
- Sprinkle each potato well with Maldon Salt and put in the oven. Cook the large potatoes for about 1 hour and 10 minutes , testing to see whether the flesh is soft (you may need another 10 minutes for this). If you are using the new potatoes, cook for around 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a warmed plate, and serve.
Prep Time: 1 hour 10
18 Medium potatoes (oval shaped) or 36 New Potatoes
5 tbsp Olive oil
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Keep up to date and stay inspired with the latest recipes.