Why don’t you try swapping your classic roasties for these delicious hasselback potatoes! These baked potatoes are thinly sliced down the middle and drizzled with plenty of juicy, garlic butter to create a perfectly crisp outside and fluffy centre – ideal as a side dish for your Sunday roast.
- If you’re using larger potatoes, preheat the oven to 210°C/190°C Fan/gas mark 7/425ºF. For smaller, new potatoes, preheat to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas mark 6/400ºF.
- Take one potato at a time and place in a wooden spoon (like you would carry it in an egg-and-spoon race), and cut vertical slits about 3mm / one-eighth of an inch interval.
- When you have cut the slits in all the potatoes you are using, put the baking tin on the hob, adding the butter, garlic and oil into the tin and heating up until sizzling.
- Add the potatoes cut-side down first onto the tray, spooning the buttery juice over them. Make sure to turn them well to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle each potato well with Maldon Salt and your rosemary and put in the oven. Cook the large potatoes for about 1 hour and 10 minutes , testing to see whether the flesh is soft (you may need another 10 minutes for this). If you are using the new potatoes, cook for around 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a warmed plate, and serve.