We’ve partnered with the wonderful Ravneet Gill to create this extraordinary Christmas cheesecake, here’s how it’s done.
- Start by making the base…
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or in a food processor combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well, add in the cold cubed butter and breadcrumb.
- Add the golden syrup and mix until a very loose dough is formed.
- Spread this mixture out onto a large baking tray lined with parchment.
- Bake for 35-40 mins at 160 fan/180 oven, stirring every 15 minutes to evenly bake the dough.
- Allow to cool completely before blitzing to crumbs or breaking up with a rolling pin.
- Weigh out 250g of crumbs and stir with the melted butter.
- Press into a lined 8 inch springform cake tin going on the bottom and slightly up the sides.
- Place in the fridge whilst you make the filling
Make the topping:
- In a large bowl or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese, caster sugar, mascarpone and half of the double cream.
- Mix until well combined but do not over mix.
- Add in the malt powder, salt and melted white chocolate with the second ½ of the cream.
- Mix slowly until combined, do not over mix.
- Spoon this mixture into the lined cake tin and smooth the top.
- Chill for 6 hours in the fridge or overnight before serving.
Make the chocolate sauce for serving (optional):
- In a saucepan combine the chocolate and the water, stir gently over a medium heat until a sauce forms. Serve the cheesecake with the sauce and extra cookie crumbs.