The combination of nutrient-rich elements makes this a great green smoothie recipe for weight loss, as it supports your body with essential nutrients while being low in calories.
Whether you’re looking for easy green smoothie recipes or considering a veggie smoothie for weight loss, this detox green smoothie fits the bill. It’s a refreshing vegetable smoothie that can be part of a 10-day green smoothie cleanse or a shorter 3-day smoothie cleanse, providing a burst of energy and aiding in your overall well-being. Embrace the green smoothie benefits as you enjoy the delightful blend of flavours in this healthy green smoothie, making it a satisfying and nutritious choice for detoxing, weight loss, or part of a balanced diet.
How to make a green smoothie
- Set up your blender on a cool, flat surface. Make sure it’s switched off whilst the plug is in.
- Start filling the blender with your ingredients in this order: water, half an avocado, fresh ginger, cored apples, frozen spinach and a final pinch of Maldon Sea Salt flakes to elevate the sweetness of the smoothie and counteract the bitterness.
- Place the lid securely onto the blender to prevent any spillage. Turn the switch/power button on.
- Select the appropriate speed setting and begin blending. You will know when the ingredients have blended nicely together because the liquid will become vivid green with a medium-thick texture.
- Pour the contents into a tall glass and drink immediately.
What are the benefits of a detox smoothie?
A detox smoothie helps detoxify your body, it can help with weight loss, it enhances immunity, improves digestion and is a great way of packing in extra vitamins and nutrients.
Are green smoothies good for you?
Medically reviewed by Dany P. Baby, green smoothies are nutrient-rich blends of fruits and vegetables which allow people to meet their recommended daily intake of vitamins and minerals all in one glass! Unlike juices, green smoothies retain beneficial fibre from whole foods that are blended together.
What to put in a green smoothie
Basic green smoothies contain leafy greens like spinach, kale and arugula. Alone, these greens blended can take quite bitter, however there are many combinations you can use to improve the flavour profile and add further nutritional value to the drink:
- Fruits such as apple, avocado and banana add natural sweetness to a smoothie.
- Vegetables such as carrots, cucumber and beetroot add texture.
- Herbs and spices like ginger, turmeric and cinnamon give warmth.
- Natural sweeteners like honey, dates and stevia are great if you like your smoothies ‘extra’ sweet!
- Add creaminess with plant-based milks, yogurt or silken tofu.
Are green smoothies good for breakfast?
Green smoothies make a great breakfast option! You can make it quickly for a blender, it’s fresh tasting and it’s packed with nutrition from the amount of fruit and vegetables used. It contributes to your 5-a-day and is the ideal breakfast for when you are on the go.
Can you freeze green smoothies?
Yes. You can store your smoothie in the freezer for up to 3 months! It keeps the flavour, mouthfeel, colour and nutrition! Make sure you store your smoothie contents in BPA-free plastic, glass or bags designed for sub-zero temperatures so that you avoid cracking and freezer burn.
Can I make green smoothies the night before?
You can store your smoothie in the fridge for up to 1-2 days before drinking. However, we do recommend consuming the smoothie within 24 hours for optimal freshness. Make sure you container is covered with a tight-fitting lid